Thursday 17 August 2017

Why/Why not?

Why blogging? Why write down something about yourself and be vulnerable?

I have been asking myself this question for weeks now. All while deleting everything I wrote 5 minutes after I wrote them. It's a scary thing to show random people who you are. Not knowing how they'll respond, or them not responding at all. Am I interesting enough, do I have anything meaningful to say? All of my insecurities crashing into me like a tsunami, wave after wave.

Today I talked to one of the most important people in my life, who reminded me why I did this. I wanted to start writing again, to give an outlet to all of the emotions that take me over. A place to vent and maybe reinvent myself.

So this is a small post, to get myself writing again.

2 comments:

  1. It could be that this comment gets posted twice, but the internet leprechauns seem to be acting up today.

    Continue writing, and posting.
    By sharing your thoughts/experiences/emotions with random strangers on the internet you'll be giving strength to them.
    They'll end up on your blog for one reason or another, and then realise that they're not alone.
    Most of them may, and probably will be , part of a silent majority , but that ties into my second point.

    In my opinion, you should write and post here, for yourself.
    Don't look at the raw number of responses ( or possible lack thereof ) .
    Even if it helps in the smallest of amounts, just post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good reply. I agree. What he said.
    Blog for yourself, for self improvement, exploration and actualization. Have fun and talk about what you want to talk about.

    We all stumble and mostly we can right ourselves again.
    But occasionally there's a helping hand along the way.

    Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete